Update: Flood Warning issued September 17 at 10:20PM EDT expiring September 21 at 2:00PM EDT by NWS Columbia SC
Areas Affected: Fairfield, SC; Kershaw, SC; Lancaster, SC
Pee Dee River At Cheraw affecting Chesterfield and Marlboro Counties
Wateree River At Lake Wateree affecting Fairfield…Kershaw and
.Widespread very heavy rains associated with Florence are
expected to result in major flooding along the Pee Dee River at Cheraw.
The Flood Warning extended for
The Wateree River At Lake Wateree.
* until Friday afternoon…Or until the warning is cancelled.
* At 9 PM Monday the stage was 99.4 feet.
* Flood stage is 100.0 feet.
* Minor flooding is forecast.
* Forecast…The river will rise above flood stage tonight and
continue to rise to 101.7 feet tomorrow evening. The river will
fall below flood stage early Thursday afternoon.
* At 102.5 feet…Roadways near Beaver Creek become flooded.
Safety message…never drive vehicles through flooded areas. The
water may be too deep to allow safe passage. Never allow children to
play in or near flood waters. Stay tuned to noaa weather radio…
local media or the internet for further statements and updated